- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- FAST, HEALTHY and TASTY
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and lemon pepper (to taste)
- 2 pounds cleaned small squid (see Note)
- Cut the squid into rings.
- Light a gas or charcoal grill. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the olive oil with the parsley, garlic and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the squid with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Double-skewer the squid bodies and grill until cooked through and charred in spots, about 3 minutes. Baste the cooked squid with half of the parsley mixture, then grill the squid for 1 minute longer. Mound the squid on a platter, drizzle with the remaining parsley mixture and serve immediately.
- * I use blood orange infused olive oil....if you can find it at your grocer.