|If you love Key lime pie, you are certain to love these creamy cakes in a cup. Key limes are in season from June through August, but bottled Key lime juice works just fine. Makes 12 servings |
3/4cup gingersnap crumbs
2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
2 tablespoons plus ¾ cup Splenda granulated sweetener, divided
1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
8 ounces light cream cheese
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons Key lime juice
Zest of 2 Key limes or 1 regular lime
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg white
|Instructions 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.|
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the gingersnap crumbs, margarine, and 2 tablespoons of the sweetener until well combined.
3. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of crust mixture into each muffin cup. Press (shot glass) gently to form a crust on the bottom of each cup. Set aside.
4. Using a food processor, blend the cottage cheese until very smooth and creamy. Spoon the cottage cheese into a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, the remaining ¾ cup sweetener, the cornstarch, lime juice, zest, and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the egg and the egg white and beat until just blended.
5. Spoon ¾ cup of cheesecake filling into each muffin cup.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the cheesecakes are set, but centers jiggle slightly. Cool to room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Key Lime "CUP CAKES"
Posted by Chuck and Rick at 7:30 AM