MAKING LIFE TASTE BETTER

Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 1, 2011

This is a Grand Buffet I had to do for my Final (2nd Term), Classical Pastry. My partner (Sheila) and I  had to work together and then create on our own. We had to present this to our families.....
Eight teams of 2 .....WOW! What a lot of great stuff we created.....Sorry y'all missed it....

    
 This is a frangipane cake. It has to be baked, layered (raspberry jam), sliced then molded. It is then filled with Bavarian Cream (custard) and topped with another cake (becomes the bottom)...I chose to cover mine with a chocolate fudge cake. After refrigeration (24 hours) , it is un-molded and here is what comes out...

 and now it becomes a Charlotte Royale... Beautiful...

 This is classmate Lawrencia behind our Grand Buffet....

 This is a cookie tree Rick and I designed, so I could use it for display.....edible snowflakes.

 Saccher Torte.....Death by Chocolate.
 There were Carrot Cake crumbs from other classmates so I took some Triple Sec, toasted hazel nuts and some cream cheese icing....and made cake poppers. They are topped with marzipan carrots and fresh rosemary stems...

Petit Fours.....Frangipane cake, raspberry jam and chocolate...Addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment