- 2 Fresh freestone peaches (1 per person)
- baby greens
- roasted walnut pieces (1/4 cup)
- fresh grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (blood orange if you can)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4-8 Tbsp soft cheese (like blue)
- (we used a soft mango cheddar from our farmer's market)
- Wash peaches and halve. Remove pit and stem. In a large flat container (big enough to hold peaches flat) add 1 Tbsp. oil. Completely coat peaches. Sprinkle generously with fresh black pepper and sea salt.
- Take 1-2 Tbsp. of soft cheese and form into ball. Set aside.
- On a salad plates, lay greens and garnish with tomatoes.
- Mix lemon juice with leftover Tbsp oil (dressing), set aside.
- Fire up the grill and get it as hot as you can (400*).
- Place Peach halves on hot grill (cut side down)
- and grill for 2 minutes. Turn peaches over, fill cavity with soft cheese and grill for 3 more minutes or just until cheese starts to melt.
- Place 2 peach halves on each salad plate. Sprinkle walnuts over top and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Serve with your favorite grilled chicken dish....
We had grilled sweet n sour chicken....