Organic Black Chocolate Linzer Cookies with a hazelnut chocolate filling
Monday, October 24, 2011
My Mother and friend Sandy came to dinner at our house on Saturday....Rick made tomato soup (with eyeballs) for starters.
We had Chicken Pot Pie (Amish Edition) with a side of...
Roasted Butternut Squash Mash with Gruyere cheese .....and finished the evening
Fresh poached pears (Ghostly) with slimey syrup
All night long we had Apple Cider Cocktails made with Spiced Rum and
Cinnamon Schnapps (Fire Water)....
as you can see things got a little blurry
Dinner is Served!
Posted by Chuck and Rick at 3:48 PM
Thursday, October 20, 2011
We are Having Spinach,Mushroom and Leek with smoked Swiss cheese
Roasted Asparagus and Canadian Bacon with Herb Gouda and extra sharp Cheddar
The fresh Apple Peanut Butter Bars with Butter cream frosting are a big hit and have been selling out early in the week...
Posted by Chuck and Rick at 2:40 AM
Sunday, October 16, 2011
- 20 fresh large scallops, small side muscle removed
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil (or canola)
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1/4 cup vermouth
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot diced
- Thoroughly dry the scallops by laying and folding them within a double layer of paper towel.
- Pre-heat a heavy-duty skillet over high heat then add oil. When it is almost smoking, season the scallops with salt and pepper and sear them briefly, 1-2 minutes per side, so they are golden on the outside, and still tender inside.
- Remove them from the pan and pour in vodka to de-glaze, allowing it to flame. When flame subsides, add the vermouth, mustard and cream and reduce to a sauce like consistency. Whisk in the green onions serve immediately.
Posted by Chuck and Rick at 6:51 AM