- 20 fresh large scallops, small side muscle removed
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil (or canola)
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1/4 cup vermouth
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot diced
- Thoroughly dry the scallops by laying and folding them within a double layer of paper towel.
- Pre-heat a heavy-duty skillet over high heat then add oil. When it is almost smoking, season the scallops with salt and pepper and sear them briefly, 1-2 minutes per side, so they are golden on the outside, and still tender inside.
- Remove them from the pan and pour in vodka to de-glaze, allowing it to flame. When flame subsides, add the vermouth, mustard and cream and reduce to a sauce like consistency. Whisk in the green onions serve immediately.