- 1 large seedless grapefruit
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- smoked sea salt to taste
- 2 turkey cutlets, (8 ounces)
- 1 TBSP oil
- To prepare salsa: Remove the peel and white pith from grapefruit with a sharp knife and discard. Cut the grapefruit segments from the surrounding membrane, letting them drop into a small bowl. Squeeze out remaining juice into the bowl and discard membrane. Add avocado, shallot, cilantro, vinegar and honey. Toss well to combine.
- To prepare turkey: Combine chili powder, five-spice powder and salt on a plate. Dredge turkey in the spice mixture.
- Grill 5-10 min. each side or heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve the turkey with the avocado-grapefruit relish.