- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread coconut and nuts on a large baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes until toasted, stirring every few minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in toasted nuts, coconut, oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon size balls onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until brown. Cool on wire racks.