- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs PANKO
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil and spray pan with "Pam"
- 1 1/2 cups bottled fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen Organic) (Rick makes our Marinara sauce)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Cooked wheat Linguini to serve (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Dip each chicken tender in egg white; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Set aside.
- Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, pasta sauce, vinegar, and pepper in a small sauce pan and heat while you prepare dinner..cook until thoroughly heated. Pour the sauce over chicken in pan. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan and provolone cheese. Wrap handle of pan with foil, and broil 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.