- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) Pure Pumpkin
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Apple Juice (or cider if available)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, divided (I used roasted pumpkin seeds THIS time, usually don't add any nuts)
- I doubled the recipe and used small loaf pans and got 12 mini loaves.......
DirectionsPREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
SIFT flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl. Combine pumpkin, sugar, Juicy Juice, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in large bowl; stir well. Stir in flour mixture and 3/4 cup nuts just until moistened. Spoon into prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup nuts over top of loaves.
BAKE for 30-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Sunday, November 3, 2013
Posted by Chuck and Rick at 11:55 AM